On October 22nd, 2010, FFLV inaugurated the third Sandipani Muni School. On that same day, they had the ground-breaking ceremony for their fourth school at Govardhan.India has the larger number of poor children in Asia with 80% of its 400 million children severely deprived. In fact, 60% of India’s children are considered absolutely poor.Food for Life Vrindavan has served the needs of the poorest villages in the Vrindavan area (120 Km south of New Delhi) since 1990 and has become one of leading non-profits in all of India.
FFLV Services include:
- The Sandipani Muni Schools provides education for 1500 needy children from kindergarten to the end of high school. Our school children are girls only, with boys allowed in kindergarten only. We have made this decision to focus on girls because the local culture favours boys over girls, and so girls get less food; less medical care; less education and less opportunities in general.
- Skills training courses for adult women.
- Food distribution of 66,000 meals a month.
- Sanctuary and medical care for sick injured and abandoned cows.
- Basic medical assistance to about 1,000 people per month.
- Assistance to the elderly and the disabled.
- Environmental projects, including tree planting.