Food for Life Global was founded in 1995 in Washington DC to serve as the headquarters and coordinating office for Food for Life projects worldwide.
10310 Oaklyn Drive,
Potomac, MD 20854 USA
P.O. Box 59037, Potomac, MD 20859, USA
USA: +1 (202) 407-9090
AUSTRALIA: +61 2 8006 1081
Paul Rodney Turner
International Director Emeritus
Food for Life Global Goals:
- To support plant-based (prasadam*) meal distribution to the disadvantaged, malnourished and victims of disaster (natural or manmade), wherever there is a need in the world.
- To help establish pure food prepared and served with loving intention as a viable means to create peace and unity in the world.
- To help establish Rural Academies for Youth (“Krishna’s R.A.Y. of Hope”), whereby youth are trained in sustainable agriculture centered on spiritual values.
- To produce promotional and training materials for the development of Food for Life projects worldwide.
- To represent Food for Life to the government, media and public through public lectures, newspaper articles, the Internet, and through mail.
- To promote a food culture of hospitality based on spiritual equality
- To raise funds on behalf of Food for Life projects worldwide and to support them with grants
- To coordinate and sponsor emergency relief efforts conducted by Food for Life volunteers
Background on the Food for Life Project:The distribution of sanctified plant-based meals has been and will continue to be an essential part of India’s Vedic culture of hospitality from which Food for Life was born. Since its inception in the early 70’s, Food for Life has tried to liberally distribute pure plant-based meals (prasadam) throughout the world with the aim of creating peace and prosperity. The Food for Life Global office, directed by Paul Rodney Turner, facilitates the expansion, co-ordination and promotion of prasadam distribution throughout the world. The project started in 1974 after yoga students of Swami Prabhupada became inspired by his plea that “No one within a ten mile radius of a temple should go hungry!” Today Food for Life is active in over 60 countries.
Up to 3,000,000 meals daily!With volunteers serving up to 3,000,000 free plantbased meals daily to schools, as well as from mobile vans and to disaster areas. FOOD FOR LIFE is the largest food relief of its kind in the world, eclipsing even the United Nations World Food Programme.
DiversityFood for Life volunteers come from all walks of life. Food for Life Global and it’s worldwide network of affiliates are non-sectarian and non-discriminating. Everyone is welcome to participate in our community projects.
* Sanctified food